2.1 Animals in Exhibits and Events
We ask that clients ensure the safety and proper care of approved animals. The following is required when displays include pens or enclosures:
- Submit a written request to display animals to your Event Coordinator.
- USDA certification may be required for certain animals.
- Animals are not permitted to stay in the facility overnight.
- Supervise animals at all times.
- Provide curbing, fencing, or alternate materials to contain animals.
- Place a protective coating such as plastic to protect our floors and equipment.
- Place some type of fire retardant absorbent within the pens.
- Clean-up rented space and properly dispose absorbents and waste.
2.2 Wild Animals and Bats
Report wild animals or bats in our building or parking garages to Security and Safety at (512) 404-4111. You may also notify any Austin Convention Center employee. For your safety, do not touch wild animals or bats.