The General Service Contractor is required to provide all equipment for the handling of freight. Anyone operating motorized equipment must have a valid driver’s license and be trained and authorized to operate such equipment.
Clients and the General Service Contractor are responsible for ensuring all equipment operated in the facility does not drip oil or any other staining solutions. Clients will be charged for any and all costs incurred by Austin Convention Center to clean or remove stains.
Vehicle cleaning applying waxes and protectants (i.e., Armor All) creates a very hazardous and slippery condition. Applications must be done with a pre-soaked cloth. All hard floor surfaces must be totally covered with a non-porous covering during application of waxes and protectants (i.e., Armor All) products.
All display vehicles, boats, and equipment containing fuel must meet and comply with the following requirements before entry into the facility and are subject to Safety & Fire Marshal on-site review:
- There is to be no more than five (5) gallons of fuel or 1/4 the capacity of the fuel tank, whichever is less.
- Fuel tanks are to be locked and all portable tanks removed. Locking the vehicle will be sufficient for cars in which the gas cap cover can only be detached from inside the vehicle.
- Ignition keys are to be removed and placed in a central location on-site.
- We recommend Vehicles, boats, and similar exhibited products with more than one hundred square feet (100 sq. ft) of roofed area to have a smoke detector.
- Electric vehicles are exempt from disconnecting batteries.
19.1 Rotating Wing (Helicopter) Aircraft
All events with aircraft operations must make a request in writing 60/90 days prior to the first contract date. Certain requirements require written approval and compliance with current policies.
19.2 Drones/Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
All events with Drones and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) operations must make a request in writing 90 days prior to first contract date. Certain requirements require written approval and compliance with current policies. Contact Event or Security Coordinators for additional information.