13.1 Alcoholic Beverages
Alcoholic beverages are not allowed into the facility by any client or outside service. ACCD Catering is our exclusive in-house food and beverage management company. A representative may be reached at (512) 404-4100.
The sales and service of all alcohol in the facility is regulated by the Texas Alcoholic and Beverage Commission (TABC). It is our responsibility to abide by and administer such rules. All alcoholic beverages must be dispensed by TABC trained facility personnel only. Pursuant to Texas State law, it is illegal to serve alcoholic beverages to a minor less than twenty-one (21) years of age. Legal and valid identification will be requested of any individual who appears to be thirty (30) years of age or younger.
We have the right to refuse service to any patron for any reason. Keep in mind that alcohol may not be taken out of the facility.
13.2 Concession Services
Concessions, alcoholic beverages, and catering services are exclusive to ACCD Catering, our in-house food and beverage management company. Arrangements for catering services must be made through your assigned Catering Manager. Contact a food and beverage representative at 512-404- 4100.
We have the right to open and maintain concession stands for any event at the facility.
Things to know:
- Concessions require a thirty by thirty foot (30’ x 30’) area to service five hundred (500) attendees if no other food options are available; a thirty by sixty foot (30’x 60’) area is required to service one thousand plus (1000+) attendees. This space is for the equipment only; additional space is needed for seating.
- We reserve a minimum of thirty foot by thirty foot (30’x30’) per exhibit hall should concessions, bars or space for food and beverage prep be requested. Additional space may be required. If concessions or food and beverage are not requested by clients, this space may not be necessary or required.
- Portable concession stands require access to four (4) floor pockets for power requirements or may require a location near a 208 volt power source.
13.3 Food and Beverage Sampling
Food and Beverage services are exclusive by ACCD Catering. No outside food and/or beverages are permitted on premise. In some cases, an exception may be made for sampling. “Sampling” is defined as an exhibiting company (booth exhibitor) that wishes to distribute small portions of food and/or beverage from their booth.
To begin your sampling process, fill out the following form and attain the following permit:
- ACCD Catering – Sampling Request Form to be submitted to the Catering Manager
- City of Austin / Travis County Health Department – Temporary Food Service, Permit to Operate (to be completed by show management)
Things to know and resources for Temporary Food Service Permit to Operate:
The City of Austin and Travis County Health Department requires the show management to submit an application for a Temporary Food Service - Permit to Operate for every booth that is sampling. The individual exhibiting companies may not apply for the permits themselves. Clients will need to collect the information from the sampling exhibitors and submit for the permit on behalf of the exhibiting companies. Additionally, clients must physically go to the Health Department offices and pay for and/or pick up the permits. Permits must be given to the exhibiting companies’ onsite so they may be displayed at their booth.
- Temporary Food Events Homepage
- Permit to Operate (link to the application to be completed by show management)
- How to Set-up a Temporary Food Booth (guidelines should be shared with the exhibitors)
At any time the policies, requirements, and application process may be changed without notice, per the City of Austin and Travis County Health Department. Clients are responsible to communicate and confirm the approval and execution of all Temporary Permits within their contracted space.
13.4 Cooking on Premise
Exhibitor cooking is not permitted unless approved in advance, on a case-by-case basis by Austin Convention Center, Catering Manager, and the AFD Fire Marshal.
13.5 Novelty Items
A novelty item is any non-food or beverage item for sale such as books, programs, photography, t-shirts, coffee cups, cozies, records, tapes or souvenirs commemorating a specific event or program, such as a concert, conference, or convention. Our Director reserves the right to determine which items are considered merchandise or novelty. Exhibitors may give away free items to event attendees.
Catering services are available to clients. Arrangements for catering services must be made through your assigned Catering Manager. A Food and Beverage representative may be reached at (512) 404-4100. For a list of services, current pricing and menu items, please refer to Catering page. www.austinconventioncentercatering.com.