Lighting and Energy Conservation
16.1 Heating, Venting, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Energy conservation is a high priority for us. Our facility maintain minimum levels of ventilation and lighting during move-in and move-out of contracted spaces. Please keep in mind that air conditioning and heat is not provided during move-in and move-out of exhibit halls.
- Set points during event days: seventy-two (72) degrees during the summer months and seventy (70) degrees during the winter months.
- A utility charge is assessed for special lighting and comfort level requirements during move-in, show, and move-out.
Each set of light fixtures in the exhibit halls consist of three different levels: work lights (4 tubes per set of fixtures), show lights (8 tubes per set of fixtures), and premium lights (12 tubes per set of fixtures). Premium lights are available at an additional cost.
Work lighting will be provided at no charge during move-in and move-out times as determined by your Event Coordinator. Minimal levels of lighting are maintained during move-in and move-out. Facility rental includes in-house lighting in public areas, meeting rooms, ballrooms, and exhibit halls.
Show lighting is provided in the exhibit halls thirty (30) minutes prior to the show opening on the first day and fifteen (15) minutes prior to the show opening on subsequent days.
The meeting rooms and ballrooms have lighting controls in each room. Special lighting levels may be pre-set, when requested in advance. Requests to dim lights in the pre-function and lobby areas for an event is reviewed in advance. Impact on other events in the facility and safety are considered before approval is given:
- Fluorescent lighting in the facility is not dimmable.
- The ballrooms are a mix of high efficiency fluorescent and LED lights. Exhibit halls are sets of two high bay fixtures with linear fluorescent tubes.
- Clients are responsible for the costs associated for requests to remove light bulbs to gain a specific lighting effect within the exhibit halls.